The weekly Torah readings (Parashat Ha'Shavua) including summaries and additional details.
Chol HaMo'ed Pesach
Regular Shabbat Readings
* Note: On Jewish holidays, special readings often interrupt the regular cycle.
- Chol HaMo'ed Pesach (חול המועד פסח | Intermediate Day of Passover)
- Torah: Exodus 33:12-34:26
- Maftir: Numbers 28:19-25
- Haftarah: Ezekiel 37:1-14
Passover (Hebrew: פֶּסַח Pesach) commemorates the story of the Exodus, in which the ancient Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt. Passover begins on the 15th day of the month of Nisan in the Jewish calendar, which is in spring in the Northern Hemisphere, and is celebrated for seven or eight days. It is one of the most widely observed Jewish holidays.
- Exodus 33:12 | Moses' Intercession
- Exodus 34:1 | Moses Makes New Tablets
- Exodus 34:10 | The Covenant Renewed
- Exodus 34:29 | The Shining Face of Moses
- Eze 37:1-14 | The Valley of the Dry Bones